Recently I had the opportunity to take things up a notch and become teacher-papa for a week. Here’s what we did and learned.
Trips we took “aka field trips”:
- the library to get books to read
- the Museum to soak in the learning
- Lunch at Frontier for Taco Tuesday
- the Airport (including touring around the place) to get Gramma
- the Bug Museum to see creepy crawlies
- the Music store to buy a tambourine, maraca, drum sticks and a triangle
- the Breakwater along Dallas Road to soak in sea life
Meals we ate: Mexican, Chinese, Japanese, and all sorts of veggies from the grocery store.
Apps we used:
- Duolingo for French lessons
- Math Jr
- Several reading apps
- The Foos for programming learning
Gym time included:
- riding scooters
- riding bikes
- going to the Oak Bay Pool, Crystal Pool, then Esquimalt Pool (winner)
- running around the house and playing tag
- dancing around the house
Little tips: go to Value Village and get medals and trophies. And, buy as many puzzles as your heart desires for quiet time.
It was a fun week. Here’s a collection of photos from the week.